It’s November, which means it’s time to appreciate your friends and family and think about all the things for which you’re most grateful. If you’re invited to spend Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving at someone else’s home this year, don’t forget to be grateful for your invitation, too. At Schaaf Floral, serving Minneapolis and the surrounding areas, our florists compiled a list of creative and thoughtful gift ideas for any Friendsgiving or Thanksgiving host.
Creative Gifts for Any Host
Arriving at a friend or family member’s home with a host gift in-hand is the politest way to thank your host for having you. Even if invited to a potluck-style meal, you should still bring a gift for your host or hostess. After all, planning and organizing a dinner in addition to preparing one’s house for guests requires a lot of work. Show your appreciation with a thoughtful gift.
Rustic Autumn Cornucopia
Friendsgiving is like Thanksgiving, but it’s just for friends. Plan to celebrate at a time when all your best buddies will be available, like the Wednesday before or after Thanksgiving Day. Less formal than Thanksgiving dinner, fun’s always on the table at Friendsgiving. So, feel free to get creative with your hostess gifts.
- A game to play after dinner
- Get everyone into the holiday spirit with a flower-filled Thanksgiving cornucopia for your Friendsgiving celebration
- Bath bombs to help your hostess unwind after entertaining
- Warm, fuzzy socks with turkeys or pumpkins
- A kitschy set of oven mitts
- Funny fridge magnets
- A fresh yoga matt to encourage a healthy holiday season
2. Thanksgiving with Your In-Laws
Regardless of whether you’ve known your in-laws for years or will be meeting your partner’s parents for the first time on Thanksgiving, you shouldn’t arrive empty-handed. They’re inviting you into their home, family, and holiday traditions. Show your appreciation with a tastefully elegant hostess gift.
- Help create a lovely, warm atmosphere at the dinner table with a stunning candlelit autumn centerpiece
- A nice bottle of wine paired with a new opener, aerator, or set of wine glass charms
- A stylish cheeseboard with festive knives and cheese markers
- An essential oil diffuser with a lovely holiday scent
- Whiskey stones and a bottle of locally distilled spirits
- A box of gourmet macarons or chocolates
- High-Quality serving utensils since everyone always needs more at Thanksgiving dinner
3. Thanksgiving with Your Family
If you’re spending Thanksgiving with your family this year, be sure to bring a gift for your parents or grandparents. Show them how much you appreciate having them in your life with a gift you know they’ll love or something to help everyone make happy memories on Thanksgiving Day.
- Sparkling cider, so everyone has something special to sip at dinner
- A homemade pie in a festive, keepsake pie plate
- Hydrating hand soap to keep everyone well
- An activity for the kids, like a not-too-messy craft project
- Coffee to brew after dinner
- Decorative hand towels
- New toys to occupy household pets
A Gift That Everyone’s Sure to Love
If you’re still not sure what to get for your host, you can never go wrong with flowers, a centerpiece, or a potted plant. These gifts never go out of style, and they’re appropriate for anyone. If you decide to bring flowers, be sure to purchase an arrangement already put together. Bouquets of freshly cut flowers need to be trimmed, arranged, and put in water, and your host probably won’t have time to do those things while entertaining guests.
For more inspiration, floral recommendations, or help choosing the perfect gift for your Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving host, we welcome you to stop by Schaaf Floral anytime.